The powerful 8-bay, quad-core TS-831X includes two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks at a budget price with maximized ROI. The TS-831X provides versatile all-in-one functionalities and unique features including VJBOD (Virtual JBOD), which introduces an economical way to utilize unused NAS storage space for expanding the storage capacity of other QNAP NAS, and Container Station, which allows you to rapidly develop and deploy Internet of Things (IoT) apps. The TS-831X is a cost-effective storage solution designed for growing businesses looking for backup, restoration, private cloud, storage for virtualization, and to future-proof their IT infrastructure for 10GbE networks.
- 10GbE readiness, SSD cache, and hardware-accelerated encryption engine
- VJBOD allows using the TS-831X to expand the storage capacity of other QNAP NAS
- Enjoy containerized virtualization and IoT app development with Container Station
- Build a private cloud to centrally organize manage files and backup tasks
- Secure access with VPN Server VPN Client
- Quickly find files using a real-time, natural search with Qsirch
- Scalable design with 2 QNAP expansion enclosures UX-800P for total storage capacity of up to 24 drives
Quad-core CPU, 8GB/16GB RAM and hardware-accelerated encryption
The TS-831X is equipped with a quad-core 1.4 GHz ARM Cortex-A15 processor with 8GB/16GB DDR3 RAM (upgradable to 16GB), SATA 6Gb/s, two 10GbE SFP+ LAN ports as well as Gigabit LAN ports, and an PCIe expansion slot for an additional Network Interface Card (NIC). The TS-831X’s hardware-accelerated encryption engine provides unmatched encryption performance in its class with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the TS-831X.